Greetings wonderful Gfork Community!
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emma, and I recently signed on as the Volunteer Coordinator for this amazing site (don’t panic everybody, the Dopp hasn’t gone anywhere. I’m additional!). This means I get to hang out, read the posts, talk with our current set of Amazing Volunteers and try and help keep everything running just as smooth as can be.
We’ve been taking stock and discovering that things behind the scenes are shifting around a little bit – as they are wont to do – and we’ve realized that we need a little more help. We would love to bring in a few more folks to volunteer with us; mostly we need help gathering photos and quotes, but there is probably more that could be done (anybody have any spectacular ideas?).
SO! If you’ve been visiting Genderfork for a while, and you’d love to get your hands dirty and help out with the content, now’s the time to speak up! Here’s what you do:
Contact us at: volunteering – at – genderfork – dot – com and tell us a little bit about yourself. Specifically:
- What you wanna help out with!
- Why you wanna help!
- What experience with tech stuff and/or blogging you’ve already got.
- Where you live on the Internet (blogs, tumblrs, your band’s old myspace, whatever …)
- Do you have any experience with moderating, mediating, or organizing?
- How much time you can to give to us (on an ongoing weekly or monthly basis)
- And, you know, that other REALLY IMPORTANT thing that you need to share with us about yourself (we don’t know what that is yet, but we can’t wait to find out!)
Just a heads-up: please don’t expect an immediate response from us. There may be a bunch of you, or I might be swamped with my day job, or there could be other stuff going on that slows this process down. We’ll get through ’em all, but responses may take some time.
I am really looking forward to meeting you, though.
Thanks in advance!
Your Friend Neighborhood Volunteer-Scout (aka Emma)