Profile: Joey

You can call me… Joey or Joseph

I identify as… male. The degree of masculinity varies by situation and mood, but I identify as male 90% of the time; the other 10% is androgynous.

As far as a label goes, I guess I’m a transgender/sexual or genderqueer. But really I’m just Joey, babe.

As far as third-person pronouns go, … him/his/he are my favorites but I accept also accept the use of their/them. I love when my partner(s) call me boyfriend.

I’m attracted to… genderbenders, men/women/both/other/neither, dominating black ladies with shapely bums.

When people talk about me, I want them to… respect my gender ‘choice’ even if they don’t agree or understand.

I want people to understand… a little effort goes a long way with me.

About Joey or Joseph
Joey is currently a junior in high school, but cannot wait to graduate and explore the world and himself. He and his partner are working to raise radical queer awareness and action in the Memphis area. Joey is a painter and plays the flute with debatable skill.

» Define yourself. «

Posted by on March 11th, 2010 at 08:00 am

Category: profiles 4 comments »

4 Responses to “Profile: Joey”

  1. Joey

    Oh indeed, there I am. And my typo!


  2. IdentityTBD

    Typo fixed. Sorry ’bout that, Joey.

    It took “a little effort,” but it was totally worth it. :)



  3. Phi

    Joey!!! <3 <3 <3

    Memphis radical queers represent!


  4. Joey

    Hi hi Phi <3 Yeaaaaah, represent. All handfull of us!


Leave a Reply

Can I show your picture? If you have a Gravatar associated with this email address, it will be displayed as your photo. If not, I'll just put a picture of a fork next to your comment. Everybody likes forks.

Be nice. Judgmental comments will be quietly deleted and blacklisted. There's plenty of room for those elsewhere on the web.

For legal reasons, you must be age 13 or older to post a comment on Genderfork.

You can use some HTML tags for formatting, e.g. <em>...</em> for emphasis (italics) or <strong>...</strong> for strong emphasis (bold) or <a href="http://(url)">...</a> for links.

Back to top