Guess what, you all?! This September, Genderfork will be 9 years old!
First of all, thank you all for being such amazing readers and contributors for so long. You all rock. You deserve a pat on the back. And a hug. And maybe a puppy.
We’ve also been lucky to have had such talented, dedicated volutneers for close to a decade. A lot can happen in nine years and many have had to move on with life’s changes. We’re struggling right now to populate the site with full and varied content. If we’re to keep moving the site alive in its current form, we need new blood, and fast! If you love the site, and you have time to give us, please, get in touch! Have you always loved Genderfork and wanted to help? Now’s a really good time to tell us about it.
Yes, you! Genderfork volunteers contribute a few hours a month (or a week, if you’ve got it to spare), and work to help us maintain a diverse and affirming feed of community content.
Here’s what you need to have:
- A love of gender all across the spectrum, and a love of our site!
- Access to a computer and the Internet, and basic knowledge of how to use these things.
- Time to give! Really, honestly – it doesn’t have to be a LOT of time, an hour or so a week will do it, but you need to be able to give it regularly, every week. We LOVE that you want to help, but if your life is in transition, or just really busy, take care of yourself. Don’t offer what you can’t give.
Here’s what you DO NOT need to have:
- Any particular identity. You don’t need to be genderqueer or trans or anything other than what you are to help out here. You just need to want to help.
- A lot of technical knowledge. We welcome it, but we can absolutely train you to do any job that needs doing around here – they’re not hard, and we’re excellent at writing instructions and answering questions.
- A LOT of time to give. It doesn’t take hours and hours to be of use around here – it’s the consistency we’re after when it comes to time, not the volume. And we DO understand that things come up and some weeks you just can’t fit everything in – if you can drop us a line warning us and come back next soon, we can always work it out.
If you’ve got the time and the desire, please do contact us using this volunteer interest form, which will help us get to know you.
- What sort of stuff you wanna help out with!
- Why you wanna help!
- Any extra experience you think might be handy (tech abilities, forum moderation, blogging skills, etc)
- Where you live on the Internet (blogs, tumblrs, your band’s old myspace, whatever …)
- How much time you can to give to us (on an ongoing weekly or monthly basis)
- ANYTHING ELSE you want to share about yourself (we don’t know what that is yet, but we can’t wait to find out!)
We can’t wait to hear from you and we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Genderfork Volunteer Team
Posted by XylophoneGender on August 24th, 2016 at 08:00 am