Posted by Sarah Dopp on May 31st, 2008 at 08:00 am
Archive for May 2008
I’ve been running low on photography juice lately. Can you help me out? Here’s how to get published on Genderfork:
1) Take beautiful pictures of people who are androgynous/gender-variant/gender-playful. (hint: I try to avoid showing the same person more than once.)
2) Upload them to Flickr.com.
3) Tag them all “androgyny” and “genderfork” (and whatever else you want to tag them).
4) Make sure the “Blog This” button appears at the top of your photos when strangers view them. (This is one of your account settings. Flickr asks, “Who can blog your photos?” The answer I’m looking for is “Anyone!”)
5) Tell your photographer friends to do this, too.
Posted by Sarah Dopp on May 24th, 2008 at 11:59 am
Over on my Twitter stream and my personal blog, I’ve spent the last two days putting out a request for people who self-identify as intelligent independent creative queer professionals to speak up and let me know who they are. As of right now (9:40 am PST on 5/21/08), 43 people have raised their hands. Many of them have done so privately, either through email or a direct message to me on a social networking site. Others have done so publicly, through their own Twitter accounts or by leaving a public comment on one of my blogs.
I didn’t realize there were so many of us within reach of one another.
I’d like to echo the same request here: if you’re in this group, please let me know. You can send me an email at andi (at) genderfork (dot) com or leave a comment below.
And a quick note about the words. I realize every single one of those terms (intelligent, independent, creative, queer, and professional) can mean lots of different things, and they’ve each been brought up for debate at least once in the last 48 hours. I’d like you to go read what I have to say about them before deciding where you stand on them.
Then, if it’s you, just raise your hand.
Posted by Sarah Dopp on May 21st, 2008 at 08:59 am